HOLY WEEK & EASTER SUNDAY SCHEDULE
HOLY WEEK – Mon., Tues., & Weds.,
7:45 AM MASS
HOLY THURSDAY - APRIL 17th
7:00 PM SOLEMN MASS WITH ADULT CHOIR
(FOLLOWED BY EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT UNTIL 9:30 PM)
GOOD FRIDAY - APRIL 18th
12 NOON STATIONS OF THE CROSS
3:00 PM LITURGICAL SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION
5:30 PM STATIONS OF THE CROSS
HOLY SATURDAY - APRIL 19th
7:00 PM EASTER VIGIL & MASS OF RESURRECTION
(ADULT CHOIR) (NO 4:30 PM VIGIL MASS),
EASTER SUNDAY - APRIL 20th MASS TIMES,
8:00 AM ORGAN/PIANO & CANTOR
9:30 AM CHILDREN'S CHOIR
11:00 AM ADULT CHOIR
12:30 PM ORGAN/PIANO & CANTOR
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Tuesday April 15th 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Wednesday April 16th 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Wednesday April 16th 7:00 to 8:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE GOOD FRIDAY SERVICES, MASS TIMES & EXTRA MASS ON EASTER SUNDAY
PASTOR'S MESSAGE FOR EASTER, APRIL 20
"Christ is Risen, Alleluia, Praise the Lord" is our Easter greeting and the good news at the heart of our faith as Christians. We are Christians because we believe that Jesus who died on the Cross on Good Friday is raised from the dead and lives forever in the new and glorious life of Easter resurrection.
His Easter greeting is: "Peace be with you" - "Peace - Shalom", the fullness of God's blessings. In celebrating Christ's resurrection we also celebrate at Easter our own rebirth in Baptism. In Baptism we are filled with the life and light of Jesus risen from the dead.
As St. Augustine once said: "We are Easter people and 'Alleluia' is our song." Today and throughout the fifty days of Easter let us open our hearts and lives to Jesus and his love and peace.
* We wish you a Happy Easter filled with Easter peace in Jesus risen from the dead.
* Masses this Easter will be the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday at 7:00 PM; Masses on Easter Sunday will be at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM. (Seating in the Chapel Loft is limited and the Chapel Loft will be closed once the Chapel Loft is full at the Easter morning Masses).
* Communion from the Cup will be offered at the 11:00 AM Mass on Easter Sunday.
* Your Easter gift to God in the Easter Offertory Collection is a wonderful way of showing your love for Jesus and also an important part of our parish budget for the year. Your generous giving makes possible all the religious, educational and service programs of the parish. Many thanks and God's blessings on you and your family.
* RCIA for Non-Catholics inquiring into the Catholic Faith and for Catholic adults preparing for First Holy Communion and Confirmation takes place on Tuesday from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Spiritual Library in the School.
Bible Study with Father Steve
A Bible Study with Father Steve on the Gospel of John began January 27, 2014 and continues each Monday morning from 10:30 AM to 12 noon in the Parish Hall and each Wednesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Spiritual Library (access the Parish Hall through the School pedestrian entrance on Hot Springs Road)
Together we read St. John's Gospel, share, listen to some insights from Bible Scholars and come to know and be more open to the love of God for all of us as revealed in this wonderful Gospel of John.
Please note Bible Study will not be held February 24th or February 26th.
All are welcome. Bring your Bible.
First Friday of Every Month - Transition House
Parish Hall Kitchen - In keeping with our First Friday tradition, we will be responsible for the evening meal at Transition House. Transition House is a community sponsored temporary home for families with children. Help is needed - if you can help for this one evening, please call Rina & Alvin Bentajado at 687-8737. Monetary donations may be sent c/o Mt Carmel Parish.
More Events >
May Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you always. May she be the star that guides you and never disappears from your horizon. May she lead you now, throughout your life, and at its completion to a safe haven.
—Pope John Paul II